Well, it’s almost the end of the week and I felt like I needed to shake things up a bit this week. So, it’s time to share some blogs that I’ve read over the past week. It is my joy to share them with you, and I pray that God moves in you as He did in me when I first read them.
- One of my fellow Villagers, Angela Thill, wrote a good piece on the temptation to give up. I have a feeling I’m not the only one who needs to read this.
- Once again, Natalie Trust asks some great questions and points toward some solid truth on whether church should be fun
- If you like HGTV, or if you like Jen Hatmaker, then you’ll want to read her post announcing that THE HATMAKERS WILL BE ON HGTV. If you’ve never heard of her, where in the blogosphere have you been? She’s hilarious and a great writer.
- Stephanie Spencer shares some solid wisdom that preachers and readers alike will benefit from when she writes about Preaching, Inadequacies, and Life in Christ. Somehow it seemed that feeling inadequate was actually the perfect place to begin.
- Finally, if you didn’t check out the Accidental Worship Heresy list of tweets over at The Village Blog, you’re missing out. It’s hilarious.
And this week’s Tweet of the Week goes to one of The Village’s very own home group pastors, Hunter Hall.
I hope no one makes a Bible translation based on social media terminology. "I tweeted, Apollos retweeted, but God gave followers." #fail
— Hunter Hall (@hunter_hall) September 17, 2013