The past couple of years have been amazing for me. I got engaged, married Angela, and we had our son, Calvin, who my mom affectionately calls our “joy boy” and that couldn’t be a more apt description of Calvin, even though I still call him my Little Ninja. He’s the best baby in the world 98% of the time, and you don’t want to get me started on the other 2%. He lights up every room he’s in, and the little man doesn’t know a stranger.
Last week, work was almost pure craziness. In addition to my role as a software developer I seem to have also taken on the role of tech support. This won’t be permanent (I hope), but it’s still exhausting. I got myself wrapped up in this by trying to help someone else. That’ll teach me. Well, probably not.
Several months ago I started doing something new, in an effort to become more authentic on the blog, and joined Joy, a writer I’ve come to know, in sharing about life: unmasked. I’m grateful for Joy’s allowing me to participate in this blog meme, and look forward to sharing some of my struggles, questions, and failures.
Posted in life: unmasked
Tagged Christianity, Christians, Church, Ecclesiastes, God, Gospel, Happiness, idolatry, Jesus, Joy, Life Unmasked, Peace, Solomon
It’s Thanksgiving Day, a time when we reflect on all of the things we’re grateful for. Like having the freedom to dangle prepositions because it’s my blog and not an academic paper. I could write about the typical problems with consumerism and how much we take for granted, but there are a thousand blogs out there like that by now. And I’m grateful for that, because my wretched heart needs to be reminded of that constantly. But there’s a deeper message that lies behind our being grateful, and a deeper reason why so many find gratitude difficult in this season.